Explore the city with ghost hunting and learn the history of St Andrews Castle, St Andrews Cathedral and the University of St Andrews.
St. Andrews Ghost tour is not for the faint-hearted people, as this place has been a ruin for five centuries.
Regardless of how you approach the town, the appearance of a skeleton greets you.
The broken cathedral’s vast gaunt gables are the bones of a dead world.
Only a small boat can enter the silted-up mediaeval harbour, and the high old houses that face the curving stone pier are empty.
Despite the fact that the old authority, both spiritual and temporal, that ruled this city has been deposed, and the old ways of life have vanished, life has never stopped.
Three streets converge on the cathedral’s stone corse and the innumerable human bones that crowd the graveyard around it.
What to expect at the St Andrews Ghost tour?
Highlights of the St Andrews Ghost tour
- There must be a few ghost stories in a town as old as St. Andrews.
- Join local author and paranormal guide Richard Falconer on a ghost tour of St. Andrews and learn about the real-life stories that are hidden there.
- This is a tour of some of St. Andrews’ ancient sites, such as mediaeval architecture, gothic churches, and windswept coastline, with no actors, myths, or jump scares.
- On this one-of-a-kind tour, you’ll learn about the unseen world of the paranormal.
- Daily tours are available at a variety of times to accommodate your hectic schedule.
- St. Andrews Castle and St. Andrews Cathedral are included.
- Learn about the history of the famous University of St. Andrews.
- Children with adult chaperones are permitted.
St Andrews Ghost tour schedule
St Andrews Ghosts and Gravestones Tours begin when the sun goes down.
The tour is available for different time slots like 4 p.m, 5.30 p.m, 7.30 p.m, 9 p.m, 12 p.m and 2 p.m.
This 1.30 -hour-long Ghost Tour digs into St Andrews’s haunted past.
Where does the Ghost Tour start from?
The departure point is:
Dolls House Restaurant
3, Church Square, St Andrews KY16 9NN, UK
Outside the Dolls House Restaurant, behind Holy Trinity Church in the centre of St Andrews
The return point is :
77 Market St, St Andrews KY16 9NU, UK
All tours finish beside the Central Bar where Church Street meets Market Street
The Ghost Tour tickets
Purchasing tickets online can save money and avoid last-minute disappointment.
These tickets are in high demand, so we recommend you book much earlier.
Adult ticket (16+ years): £14.46
Child ticket (5-15 years): £14.46
Children under the age of 5 are not permitted on this tour.
How long does the Ghost Tour take?
Image: St Andrews Ghost tour
Richard Falconer, author, paranormal authority, and historian, will lead a 90-minute walking tour of historic St Andrews, learning about people’s paranormal experiences as well as the town’s rich history.
The tour does not include admission tickets.
At St Andrew’s Castle and at St. Andrews Cathedral learn about the history of ghosts
Also at the University of St Andrews learn about the haunting past of the city.
Is the St Andrews Ghost Tour worth it?
The St Andrews Ghost tour is not a ‘fun and giggles’ tour, so if you’re looking for theatrics or costumed actors, you won’t find them here.
There are no fictional stories, conceits, or adornments.
There is no blood, guts, or gore, and there are no murders; the only ‘jumper ooters’ are the true ghosts!
For a good reason, this is one of the best ghost tours in the world.
St Andrews is more than just the home of golf, It is also the residence of Ghosts!
Therefore, this tour is totally worth having a great haunting experience.