New York Ghost Tour in Greenwich Village is the most popular and unique ghost tour in which many thrill-seekers (like you!) love participating.
Ghosts Tours have become popular recently, especially among those who love spectral adventures, because of the entertainment and excitement factors.
Cities with centuries of history surely have much to offer on a ghost tour, and New York is one such place that has the best night-time ghost tours.
This tour (strictly for those above 13 years) takes you through the dimly-lit streets of New York and to the top haunted locations, cursed with ghostly presence to this day.
A professional and experienced guide will lead this tour to make it an engaging activity for you.
They have immense knowledge of history and some paranormal activities in NYC.
Listen carefully to the spookiest stories and history your guide shares, and look out for strange shadows on this tour.
If you want an affordable night-time activity in Greenwich Village that is worth every penny you spend, you’d better check this out.
This article shares everything you should know before buying Greenwich Village Small-Group Ghost Tour tickets.
AT A GLANCE
Starts at 8 pm daily
Duration: 2 hours
Ticket cost: US$36
What to expect at the New York Greenwich Village Ghost Tour
Greenwich Village is known for its charm and history but also infamous for its supernatural tales.
Your tour will take you through this captivating neighborhood’s spooky side.
A knowledgeable guide leads this tour beyond the typical stroll through the neighborhood.
Stories of celebrity ghosts, lost children, phantoms, and other spectral encounters are some of the most intriguing tales on this tour.
You’ll explore significant landmarks in Greenwich Village, such as Washington Square Park, the New York University campus, and West 10th Street.
Not just seeing, you will learn about their haunted histories and the ghostly legends surrounding them.
Discover the unsettling history of Washington Square Park, where the Hanging Tree once stood.
Gain insight into the haunted buildings owned by New York University.
Visit the Jefferson Market Library, infamous for its haunted past and connection to a famous murder trial.
Know about the scary scenes at the Cherry Lane Theatre.
Step into Chumley’s, a haunted restaurant, and listen to the eerie accounts of paranormal activity witnessed within its historic walls.
This tour will leave you with a newfound appreciation for the beauty and eeriness that coexist in one of New York City’s most enigmatic neighborhoods.
Tickets for the Greenwich Village Ghost Tour
You can purchase the tickets for the New York City Ghost Tour of Greenwich Village online. Offline tickets are not available.
We recommend online booking because it has many benefits:
- You can save a lot of time.
- Online tickets tend to have exciting discounts so that you can save money.
- As the tour is quite popular, tickets sell out quickly. So, booking in advance confirms your spot for your preferred date.
- Another benefit of online booking is you don’t have to stand in long queues.
- Also, the immediate confirmation of tickets helps you avoid last-minute disappointments.
Adult ticket (13+ years): US$36
How do online tickets work
Go to the Ghosts of Greenwich Village Tour ticket booking page, select the preferred date and number of tickets, and buy them.
After the purchase, you will receive the tickets in your email.
You don’t need to get any printouts.
On the day of your visit, you can show your ticket on your smartphone to the tour guide and join the group.
This ghost tour led by passionate and story-teller guide allows you to explore the unknown side of Greenwich.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: Available
- Tour strength: Maximum of 15 travelers
- Travelers should have moderate physical fitness level
- Dinner and other beverages are not included in the ticket price
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- If the tour is cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour is stroller accessible and service animals are allowed
- You should cancel your tickets at least 24 hours before your visit to get a full refund
- Strictly no alcohol policy. If anyone is found intoxicated, they will have to leave the tour with no refund
- If you choose not to follow the guide or their instructions, tour operators cannot guarantee that you will be reunited with the group.
- Meet your guide in front of the Waverly Restaurant at 385 6th Avenue, at the corner of 6th Avenue and Waverly Place. Look for the guide holding a white and blue flag with our logo.
- If you’re running late, call (718) 806-1706, and they’ll do our best to assist you.
Meeting Point of the Tour
IFC Center Movie Theater is only a short distance from the meeting point.
You can reach it by bus, by train, or by car.
The bus stop 6 Ave/Waverly Pl (Bus No: M55) is only a few steps away from the meeting point.
The bus stop West 8 St & 6 Avenue (Bus No: M8) is only 2 minutes walk from the meeting point.
The subway station W 4 St-Wash Sq (Subway Services: A, B, C, D, E, F, M) is only few steps from the meeting point.
If you’re driving by car, turn on Google Maps and get going.
Also, there are enough parking lots available near the meeting point.
FAQs about the Greenwich Village Ghost Tour
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the NYC Greenwich Village Haunted Ghost Tour.
The Tour is a guided walking tour of New York City’s historic Greenwich Village. The tour takes you through haunted locations, sharing chilling stories of celebrity ghosts, lost children, phantoms, and more as you explore the neighborhood.
During the tour, you will visit Washington Square Park, the New York University campus, West 10th Street, the haunted Jefferson Market Library, Cherry Lane Theatre, and Chumley’s, among others.
The tour starts at 8 pm daily and generally lasts about 2 hours.
The tour involves spooky stories and may not be suitable for very young children. Those under 13 are not allowed on this tour. An adult must accompany children under 18.
It’s important to arrive 15 minutes before the designated start time as the tour departs promptly. If you’re late, there will be no refund.
This tour typically has a maximum of 25 travelers, providing a more intimate and engaging experience.
Yes, the operator has rules in place. Guests who arrive at the tour with alcohol or show up intoxicated will be asked to leave without a refund.